Writing With The Door Open with David Kim
David Kim won a prestigious book contract. But after the advance was deposited, it was time to write.
That’s where the trouble began…
Having written and delivered hundreds of speeches, Kim was a well-respected thought leader in his community. He assumed his ideas would naturally translate into a great book about belonging. But speaking and writing a book, he soon learned, were two different animals, each with its own unique set of challenges.
Thankfully, in the long journey to becoming a published author, David Kim discovered the overwhelming benefits of “writing with the door open.” In so doing, he wrote a critically-acclaimed book and created the kind of transformative community he was writing about.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to translate your speaking ability into writing a book (7:27)
- The benefits of creating a focus group for your writing project (14:36)
- Finding direction and clarity about your book’s relevance (32:15)
- How to find a “best fit” publisher (44:55)
- The challenges and opportunities of building a platform before the book (52:57)
LET US HELP YOU GROW YOUR IMPACT.
Learn more about how we can help you launch and grow your speaking business (including a book!) 👍